Helpline and Crisis Information
- Suicide Hotline: at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text 686868. Get support with these mental health resources – Kids Help Phone
- Youth in BC 24/7 Crisis Line: 1-866-661-3311 or access their online chat 12pm – 1am daily.
- Crisis Line: 310-6789 Crisis Services Canada https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/ The Crisis Line’s Online Services for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca
- Emergency Services: Call 911 or contact the non-emergency line of the RCMP.
Counselling Handouts (Free Downloads)
- Canadian Men’s Health Association (CMHA) – Access articles, resources, and lots of tips and strategies for improving your physical health.
- Don’t Change Much Blog – This is a campaign launched by the CMHA (see above) which features articles about supporting your mental health specific to adult men. I have written a few of these articles – see them below.
- ManKind Project: This is a non-profit, secular, and inclusive organization aimed at supporting men with establishing a sense of community, connectedness, and camaraderie while fostering positive mental wellbeing and healthy habits.
I have recently authored blogs with other organizations, in particular, the Canadian Men’s Health Foundation. See below for the articles I have written that are aimed at supporting men with various mental health issues.